If you have tablet and just installed Windows 10 and find that you really want that windows start screen that came in windows 8 back, here are the steps to get it back.
Open the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, you can find it by right clicking on the windows taskbar and selecting properties.
On the Start menu tab uncheck “Use the Start menu instead of the Start screen” then click OK.
It will prompt you to log off, once you log back in you will have that touch friendly start menu.
Here is my approach to smart complex passwords that result in unique passwords for each service you use. Here is an example formula breakdown for an account at Yahoo:
- a = length of “Yahoo” = 5
- b = number of vowels in “Yahoo” = 3
- c = a2 + b2 = 34
- d = the first letter = Y
- You need a good complex slat phrase, lets use “3e4r%T^Y” and a salt end symbol in this case lets use “>”
- You also need a slat number, in this case I prefer to use the current year this way you update your password at least once a year, in this example we will use 2014 + c
- Putting it together we get a password of 3e4r%T^YY2048>
A quick check of the above password at https://howsecureismypassword.net/ calculates it would take 44 billion years to brute force.
Here are some more examples using the formula above:
- Google = 3e4r%T^YG2048>
- Microsoft = 3e4r%T^YM2104>
- Twitter = 3e4r%T^YT2067>
- Facebook = 3e4r%T^YF2094>
Here is an easy to use excel workbook password calculator, https://architectevangelist.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/smartcomplexpasswordgenerator.xlsx